The past 5 years he has devoted his practice to Pain Management and is a Certified Diplomate with the AAPM. He specializes in non – steroidal injection therapy for any number of pain syndromes including low back pain, sports injuries, sciatica pain, and arthritic conditions.
There is a DifferenceMany patients are not aware that some doctors are osteopathic physicians. They may not even be aware that there are two types of physicians in the United States - DO's and MD's.
- *Both DO's and MD's are fully qualified physicians and licensed to prescribe medications and perform surgery.
- *DO's practice a "whole person" approach to 'medicine. Instead of just treating you for specific symptoms or illness, they regard your body as an integrated whole.
- *DO's receive extra training in the musculoskeletaljsystem- your body's interconnected system of nerves, muscles and bones that make up two thirds of your body mass. This training provides osteopathic physicians with a better understanding of how an illness or injury in one part of your body can affect another.
- *Osteopathic manipulative treatment (OMT) is incorporated into the training and practice of osteopathic physicians. With OMT, osteopathic physicians use their hands to diagnose illness and injury and to encourage your body's natural tendency toward good health.
- *Osteopathic physicians focus on preventive health care.